Even I have learned a thing or two these past few days, including:
- Lionel, the 12-pound indoor cat does not choose to be worn as a hat
- The refrigerator contains the very same items it did 15 minutes ago.
- Ditto the pantry.
- The Rapture may not have occurred last weekend, but in one mom's humble -- no make that, "absolutely accurate" -- opinion, Facebook forebodes the end of all learning, focus and individual advancement.
- Nobody else’s mom is as mean as I am.
- French is easy. French exams? Not so much.
- Josie-the-Rescue-Dog will eat green beans. And broccoli. And asparagus. And people of all ages will laugh.
- Cleanliness may, indeed, be next to godliness. But it’s not next to my kids. Or their rooms. Not this week.
- Oreo milkshakes are magic – which, sadly, does not translate to higher grades.
- Everybody has a system for studying. For some people (to whom I gave birth), “system” translates into “a lack thereof.” I’m just sayin’.
Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken
Try serving this with savory Cinnamon Lime Rice.
Juice of two (juicy) limes
¼ cup canola oil
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
1 pinch cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon kosher salt
6-8 boneless chicken thighs or breasts
Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag and allow to marinate 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator. Remove chicken from bag (discarding marinade) and grill, over indirect heat, just until done. Do not overcook.